Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lake Berryessa 5/4/14

Lake Berryessa

-Victor "vwool"

We made it to the lake around 11, we were aiming for 10 but I can't complain. Halfway through the drive Ari vomited in the back and I though our trip was over. We figured we would keep going and keep an eye on her. When we got to the lake I was amazed, I had seen pics but wow the lake was low. The lady at the gate told us our best bet would be to drop the boats off at the ramp. She wasn't joking, all the spots that used to have easy access to the water were gone. We parked at the day use area unpacked the truck , and got the kayaks rigged.


Our friend Lisa came with us and came along to paddle. So setting up the kayak for her was easy, it took me a few minutes. This morning when getting the gear in the truck, I ripped the cable to the battery on the fish finder. I was worried not having the fish finder but all worked out. There were a few other boats on the water but they were off to the main lake. As soon as I launched I headed the across to see what I could find. About 10 minutes in I get my first hit and I landed a 12" smallmouth bass. I was excited to get a fish that quick and the weather was great. I hung around the area and found some more, plus a crappie. 




I came in for lunch and was amazed how fast the time on the water was going. After lunch Narisa, and Ari came out on the water for a short time. It was nice to be on the water with the family. Ari loves the water, she kept splashing around by the ramp. After lunch the bite seemed to slow down, but I was still able to manage a couple more around 14". 







At around 4:15 I decided it was time to get in and pack the items we bought. I never knew a child could require that much stuff. I could have been out there longer but we had some stuff to do and our friend Lisa needed to get back also. 



I was sad I missed the Slam, but I am glad we were able to make it out to the lake. It is really nice what they have done. We will be back, I miss the days of the $2 entry but $15 isn't to bad. 

1 comment:

  1. Great article ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.
    Fish fınder

    ReplyDelete